Samotech® Zigbee PIR Sensor for Echo Plus, Echo Studio & Echo Show 2nd Generation (Zigbee Motion Sensor)
- 🛑 !!! FOR ECHO PLUS, ECHO STUDIO & ECHO SHOW 2 Gen ONLY !!! 🛑 This is not WIFI device. Not compatible with Philips Hue! 🛑 PLEASE refrain from purchasing if have no idea about Zigbee or do not own Echo Plus, Echo Studio, Echo Show 2 or Tuya-compatible Zigbee Gateway !!! THANKS 🛑
- ✔️ SM301Z Zigbee Motion Sensor is fully compatible with Amazon Echo Plus and Echo Show 2nd Gen. Expand your Echo's Zigbee functionality!
- ✔️ Easy setup, simply reset the device and ask Alexa to discover new devices. Once the motion sensor is added, it is possible to create all types of pre-defined routines in Alexa app
- ✔️ Multiple ways to use with Alexa routines, e.g. You may set it up to have your Hue lights switched on when a motion is detected, and switch them off when there is no motion for a certain period
- ✔️ Low battery usage by Zigbee chipset allows a longer operation. Requires Zigbee Hub!
Details: The SM301Z is a Zigbee Wireless Motion Sensor that can be installed indoors to monitor activity. The Motion sensor uses infrared sensors to detect human movements within the sensors range and sends an alert to your phone when motion is detected. The motion sensor works in both light and darkness, but it is not pet immune. The sensor can be used on its own or in a tandem with other compatible devices. This makes it possible to create different automation scenarios in the Smart Life or Alexa and utilize available sensor's functionalities. Recommended placement is 2-3m above the ground. Detection range is 5m with the sensor angle of 170֯.The sensor transmits motion alerts to your smartphone via Internet. The energy saving Zigbee module allows a transmitting distance of 45m from the wireless router. Low battery status can be monitored through the Smart Life app.
Samotech SM310 Zigbee Gateway
Amazon Echo Plus
Amazon Echo Show 2 Gen
SM310 Zigbee Smart Gateway
1. Open Smart Life app and tap the Zigbee Gateway. Tap Add sub-device and select PIR Sensor. Follow on-screen instructions to continue.
2. Ensure your mobile phone is connected to the Wi-Fi network and the sensor is as close to the Zigbee Smart Gateway as possible.
3. Using the reset needle, press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds until the network - pairing indicator starts flashing red on the sensor. Follow the on-screen instructions on your phone to finalize the setup
4. The sensor should now be ready and operational.
Amazon Echo Plus / Echo Show 2nd Gen
1. Using the reset needle, press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds until the indicator starts flashing red on the sensor
2. Ask Alexa to "Discover new devices"
SM301Z Zigbee Wireless Motion Sensor
3M adhesive sticker & Instructions
Package Dimensions: 3.4 x 3.4 x 1.6 inches